Pages

Friday, 20 July 2012

Green Helping Hands

The decision made with Clau to go beyond what is just said and written on the board has been the correct one. I´m liking the idea of having students experiencing what we learn in class instead of parroting lessons learnt by heart and forgotten the following year. I love leaving a stamp on them so that they never forget the projects. Helping Hands has been very successful, students got to know different realities that people in our country live and they now know that there is something, even if it is little, that can be done to give a day of happiness to others. Now, green helping hands and the presentations is actually teaching them that something must be done in order to help our planet. Apart form repeating a lesson on how to separate rubbish, they will put it into practice. And experiencing is what makes teaching meaningful. Instead of teaching conditional sentences by drilling, for example, it has become more memorable since they went to secondary to explain the consequences of throwing rubbish the way we are doing it nowadays. I´m really liking it. I found a quote that I liked and it´s related to what I want to achieve with the shcool projects:


"The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book"                                                                     

Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment