Pages

Sunday, 31 March 2013

Reading



What is it with Reading?

I am about to send my thesis to be printed and I wonder why I chose Reading from all the possible topics for investigation.
I found some of the answers in a comment I left in Miss Lauri’s blog:
“I really real LOOOOOOOOOOOVE reading. I thing in my other life I must have been a bookwom, a nerd, or something of the sort. I have some anecdotes in relation to my life as a reader, which are rather humilliating but I will share them with you. When I started Reading I used t oread every single billboard in the Street and I used to get mad a t my father if he drove the car too fast (of course, it was funny for my family!!) Imagin trying t oread out Pavón Avenue!!! Then, my mother used to get angrey at me because I always kept readng in my room when I was supposed to be having dinner. Then, after a couple of “shouts” I would go walking slowly through the hall with the book under my nose, and I would keep Reading while eating. Most of my books were always stained!!
Nowadays, I keep walking and Reading half a block after getting off the bus at the corner of my house ‘cause I can’t stop Reading a very interesting paragraph. And worst of all, really embarassing, last week I took a book to the shower because I wanted to finish Reading David Copperfield! I know I’m a weirdo!!






The thing is, I really deeply find reading an amazing activity. And, maybe, deep in my heart I want my students to be able to  enjoy reading as much as I do!!
It's a pity I can't explain all this to the examination board....


No comments:

Post a Comment